Academic Writing for Graduate Students, 3rd Edition
Essential Tasks and Skills
Like its predecessor, the third edition of Academic Writing for Graduate Students explains understanding the intended audience, the purpose of the paper, and academic genres; includes the use of task-based methodology, analytic group discussion, and genre consciousness-raising; shows how to write summaries and critiques; features "language focus" sections that address linguistic elements as they affect the wider rhetorical objectives; and helps students position themselves as junior scholars in their academic communities.
Among the many changes in the third edition:
- newer, longer, and more authentic texts and examples
- greater discipline variety in texts (added texts from hard sciences and engineering)
- more in-depth treatment of research articles
- greater emphasis on vocabulary issues
- revised flow-of-ideas section
- additional tasks that require students to do their own research
- more corpus-informed content
The Commentary has been revised and expanded.
You May Also Be Interested In
Available for sale worldwide