What's Up? Book 2
Integrated Skills and Culture for Adults
What's Up is a three-book series that presents many activities that build skills and knowledge of U.S. culture for adults.
Each unit prominently features activities that develop listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills and contains nine sections: Survey, Think, Read, Understand, Listen, Talk, Write, Apply, and Homework. Each unit also includes:
- Readings adapted specifically for these students from actual news reports—selected for the interest level of the storylines and usefulness of the information, then carefully re-written to an appropriate language level
- A variety of "authentic" products or realia (menus, advertisements, forms, etc.) to help adult students develop cultural literacy skills
- A cloze dictation exercise to develop listening skills
- A consistent lesson format for quickly mastering directions and completing activities independently
- An opening survey with many useful applications in the classroom
Book 2 is appropriate for high-beginning adult students.
For CASAS Correlations click here.
Copyright © 2008, University of Michigan. All rights reserved.
You May Also Be Interested In
Available for sale worldwide
Add to Cart