Edition of this EAP listening textbook and embedded videos has been thoroughly revised to address today’s university environment. This new set of materials:
- more overtly emphasizes and practices strategies for listening to lectures
- features 6 brand-new authentic university lectures around which tasks are designed
- draws attention to key lecture elements students often miss
- builds awareness of PowerPoint slide content and adaptive strategies for listeners
- highlights what lecturers do to facilitate comprehension, including interactive pieces to most of the new lectures
- features three non-native English speakers as lecturers
- facilitates a flipped classroom and online teaching
The new lectures are on the topics of engineering, nuclear energy, cultural values, genre and writing, and economics. The first three lectures are presented in two parts, each of about 30 minutes, but the final three range from 40 to 60 minutes.Overall, more than 7 hours of video content is provided.
The online platform that hosts this product allows students to bookmark pages, highlight the text, and make annotations.
No print version is sold. A supplement of lecture slides for note-taking is sold separately.