- 6 x 9.
Add to Cart
- $24.00 U.S.
This volume was conceived as a "best practices" resource for teachers of ESL listening courses in the way that Vocabulary Myths by Keith S. Folse (and Writing Myths by Joy Reid) is one for reading and vocabulary teachers. It was written to help ensure that teachers of listening are not perpetuating the myths of teaching listening.
Both the research and pedagogy in this book are based on the newest research in the field of second language acquisition. Steven Brown is the author of the Active Listening textbook series and is a teacher trainer.
The myths debunked in this book are:
The qualifications for the award are:
· The book must be scholarly.
· The book must include high-quality research work.
· The book must provide an original contribution to the field.
· The author must live and work in Ohio.
· The book must be peer-reviewed.
· The book must be published by a reputable university press.
Steve Brown, Professor of English at Youngstown State University, is also the co-author of Second Language Acquisitions Myths (same series) and the recently published Third Edition of Understanding Language Structure, Interaction, and Variation.