Clear Grammar is a four-level grammar series that features a unique combination of useful grammar information written in clear language with activities that promote more accurate and fluent vocabulary usage, writing, speaking, and reading.
Important features of all four new editions of Clear Grammar include:
- More user-friendly charts to accompany grammar explanations
- High-frequency, corpus-based vocabulary related to each grammar point
- Grammar discovery tasks using students' inductive learning skills
- A greater variety and increased number of activities, including more practice online
- Many more activities at the longer discourse level
- The addition of reading practice at the end of the unit, as well a critical-reading task
- More writing practice, including one on editing student writing and another for original student writing
- Two vocabulary practice activities, including a focus on collocations, in each unit, as well as many one-minute mini lessons showing the connection between grammar and vocabulary
- More speaking practice, with activities that require students to speak and listen to each other while using the target grammar
Support for teachers in the form of indicators that reference how to teach the grammar points in the Clear Grammar series from Keys to Teaching Grammar for English Language Learners by Keith S. Folse (978-0-472-03220-4).
Clear Grammar 2
offers students and teachers a solid introduction to low-intermediate grammar.
Clear Grammar 2, 2nd Ed.
- Past tense of irregular verbs
- Present perfect tense
- Adverbs of frequency
- Nouns used as adjectives
- Object pronouns
- Past progressive tense
- One and Other
- Comparatives and superlatives
The book's companion website includes the additional grammar/vocabulary activities that are referenced in the textbook.