Contact Information - Print and Digital
The University of Michigan Press's ESL and Applied Linguistics titles are
distributed by Chicago Distribution Center.
International customers should direct all inquiries and orders to
Please direct all mail, fax, and phone orders; customer service
inquiries regarding existing orders; and returns to:
University of Michigan Press
c/o Chicago Distribution Center
11030 S. Langley Ave.
Chicago, IL 60628
800-621-2736 (U.S. and Canada)
800-611-8476 (U.S. and Canada)
To ensure the best discount on international orders, email
International Customers Phone: 773-702-7000
International Customers Fax: 773-702-7212
Direct inquiries regarding new editions, ancillaries, inspection or desk copies,
on-site conference/exhibit sales, or product help to:
Question about an Existing Purchase?
Contact Chicago Distribution:
Email: email@example.com or
Question about a Product or an Order Placed at a Conference?
Contact the ESL Help Desk:
Examination and Desk Copies
To request an inspection or desk copy (post-adoption), please see our
Examination and Desk Copies page.
Please use the online forms to get the promptest response to requests! Requests
sent to Chicago Distribution will be delayed.
Contact the ESL Help Desk with any questions: 866-804-0002.
- All mail, fax, and phone orders must be prepaid by credit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, or Discover) or check.
- Web order payments must be made by credit card.
- Credit cards are charged when your order is shipped.
- If paying by check, the funds must be in U.S. Dollars and drawn on a U.S. bank.
- All prices are subject to change without notice.
- Availability information posted on the website is updated periodically; actual inventory may vary.
- Your contact information will be used only in connection with your order and/or services you request.
- Orders are processed and fulfilled by Chicago Distribution Center. If using our shopping cart, this means you will leave the University of Michigan Press website to complete your transaction.
- Transactions will appear as "Chicago Books and Journals" on your credit card statement.
- The "Continue Shopping" link will bring you back to the UMP site to allow you to add additional titles to your cart.
- If part of your order is not yet in stock, your credit card will only be charged for the items in stock; your credit card will be charged for the remaining order when those items are released for shipping.
- As soon as your shopping cart order is released for shipping, you will receive a confirmation email showing your complete order status (including backordered items). Once your order ships, you will receive another email that will include other tracking information. You will receive additional emails when backordered items ship.
- Ebook editions are primarily processed by Chicago Distribution Center (CDC) and fulfilled through BiblioVault
- Direct all Ebook orders and customer service inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Direct all Ebook downloading, opening, or troubleshooting inquiries to email@example.com.
- For help with other e-vendor carts, orders, or downloads, please refer to the contact information they provide on their websites.
- Web orders must be paid by credit card. MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover are accepted.
- When you complete the purchase of an Ebook (through the Chicago Distribution Center), you will receive an order confirmation and a link to download your Ebook. Learn more at the Downloading Your Ebook page.
- Ebooks make use of
Adobe Digital Editions. When you receive your order confirmation and a
link to download your Ebook, you will also receive a link to download Digital Editions.
Learn more at the
- Adobe Digital Editions is available for PC, Mac, and certain mobile platforms. Visit the
Adobe Digital Editions
Supported Ebook Devices
page for a complete list of e-reader devices that are compatible with the software and their
page for other questions about the software.
- Ebooks are currently offered under a single-user license, which means that your Ebook can
be accessed by using one Adobe ID. Any computer authorized to this Adobe ID will be able
to open the file. Learn more at the
Adobe ID and Membership FAQ page.
- If you do not download your Ebook immediately upon the completion of your order, you will
be able to do so using the link provided on your confirmation email at any time. Note: UMP
links out to several other e-vendors, including Amazon (for Kindle). Please follow the ordering, downloading and troubleshooting
information provided on these other sites.
Individual domestic orders: $6.50 for the first book plus $1.85 for each additional book. Individual orders outside the U.S.: $11.00 for the first book plus $6.75 for reach additional book.
For accounts: CDC shipments are FOB Chicago, IL. CDC's preferred domestic carriers are FedEx and UPS. All domestic shipments weighing less than 1.5 pounds will be sent by priority mail unless otherwise requested.
Canadian shipments are consolidated twice weekly. Once they are inside Canada, packages are shipped to the customer via FedEx Ground. Overseas shipments go surface or international airmail, as designated by the customer. Other shipping arrangements are available upon request.
Any claims for shipping discrepancies, shortages, or damages must be made within thirty (30) days of invoice date.
Address for returns:
University of Michigan Press c/o Chicago Distribution Center
11030 South Langley Ave.
Chicago, IL 60628
Claims for Damaged or Short Shipments: Claims must be made within 30 days of invoice date. Credit Allowed: 100% with invoice information. Returns without invoice information will be checked against most recent purchases and credited at those discounts. Books must be in saleable condition. Shelf-worn and stickered books will be returned to customer, along with a charge for return postage. Titles that are out of print may be returned for six months after the OP date.
All prices and dates are subject to change without notice. Orders will be invoiced at prices prevailing when received.
To find out if a site license is available for any ELT product, email firstname.lastname@example.org.