The University of Michigan Press Shopping Cart feature is operated primarily by Chicago Distribution Center. UMP also
links out to other e-vendors such as Amazon (for Kindle). When you make a purchase, you will leave the UMP website.
Direct all mail, fax, and phone print orders, as well as customer service inquiries,
including questions about your order, to:
University of Michigan Press
c/o Chicago Distribution Center
11030 S. Langley Ave.
Chicago, IL 60628
Telephone: 800-621-2736 (U.S.); 773-702-7000 (Int'l)
Fax: 800-621-8476 (U.S.); 773-702-7212 (Int'l)
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. U.S. Central Time
Accounts may transmit their requests and purchase orders to the above addresses. To facilitate the CDC filling your orders, please provide the following about your account and the books you are ordering: Customer account number; Purchase order number; Customer phone and fax numbers; Customer SAN; ISBN; title, author, and quantity desired for each book being ordered along with any special shipping instructions.
- All mail, fax, and phone orders must be prepaid by credit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, or Discover) or check.
- Web order payments must be made by credit card.
- Credit cards are charged when your order is shipped.
- If paying by check, the funds must be in U.S. Dollars and drawn on a U.S. bank.
- All prices are subject to change without notice.
- Availability information posted on the website is updated periodically; actual inventory may vary.
- Your contact information will be used only in connection with your order and/or services you request.
- Orders are processed and fulfilled by Chicago Distribution Center. If using our shopping cart, this means you will leave the University of Michigan Press website to complete your transaction.
- Transactions will appear as "Chicago Books and Journals" on your credit card statement.
- The "Continue Shopping" link will bring you back to the UMP site to allow you to add additional titles to your cart.
- If part of your order is not yet in stock, your credit card will only be charged for the items in stock; your credit card will be charged for the remaining order when those items are released for shipping.
- As soon as your shopping cart order is released for shipping, you will receive a confirmation email showing your complete order status (including backordered items). Once your order ships, you will receive another email that will include other tracking information. You will receive additional emails when backordered items ship.
- Ebook editions are primarily processed by Chicago Distribution Center (CDC) and fulfilled through BiblioVault
- Direct all Ebook orders and customer service inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Direct all Ebook downloading, opening, or troubleshooting inquiries to email@example.com.
- For help with other e-vendor carts, orders, or downloads, please refer to the contact information they provide on their websites.
- Web orders must be paid by credit card. MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover are accepted.
- When you complete the purchase of an Ebook (through the Chicago Distribution Center), you will receive an order confirmation and a link to download your Ebook. Learn more at the Downloading Your Ebook page.
- Ebooks make use of
Adobe Digital Editions. When you receive your order confirmation and a
link to download your Ebook, you will also receive a link to download Digital Editions.
Learn more at the
- Adobe Digital Editions is available for PC, Mac, major mobile platforms, and many e-reader devices. Visit the
Adobe Digital Editions
Supported Ebook Devices
page for a complete list of e-reader devices that are compatible with the software and their
page for other questions about the software.
- Ebooks are currently offered under a single-user license, which means that your Ebook can
be accessed by using one Adobe ID. Any computer authorized to this Adobe ID will be able
to open the file. Learn more at the
Adobe ID and Membership FAQ page.
- If you do not download your Ebook immediately upon the completion of your order, you will
be able to do so using the link provided on your confirmation email at any time. Note: UMP
links out to several other e-vendors, including Amazon (for Kindle). Please follow the ordering, downloading and troubleshooting
information provided on these other sites.
- Available Ebook reading systems vary widely in their support for accessibility features. Visit EPUB Test for accessibility support information for specific platforms, or contact us if you have a question about the best reading system for your needs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are ordering from a catalog, flyer, email, or other promotional piece that offers a discount or other offer, check the item for a promotional code (e.g. "UMTH06"). If there is a promotional code, enter this code at the time of checkout to receive the discount or other offer.
- Only one promotional code may be entered per order.
- Offers may be valid for a limited time only. Please check the mail piece you received for details.
- Promotional codes for Ebooks can only be applied to orders made through the Chicago Distribution Center and fulfilled through BiblioVault. Promotional codes will not work on Amazon or other e-vendor sites.
Individual domestic orders: $6.50 for the first book plus $1.85 for each additional book. Individual orders outside the U.S.: $11.00 for the first book plus $6.75 for each additional book.
For accounts: CDC shipments are FOB Chicago, IL. CDC's preferred domestic carriers are FedEx and UPS. All domestic shipments weighing less than 1.5 pounds will be sent by priority mail unless otherwise requested.
Independent bookstores in the contiguous United States are eligible for free shipping on orders of 15 or more shippable units. For more information contact email@example.com
Canadian shipments are consolidated twice weekly. Once they are inside Canada, packages are shipped to the customer via FedEx Ground. Overseas shipments go surface or international airmail, as designated by the customer. Other shipping arrangements are available upon request.
Any claims for shipping discrepancies, shortages, or damages must be made within thirty (30) days of invoice date.
Credit Terms and Payments
Orders placed before credit has been established must be paid in advance. For all accounts with established credit, payment is due within thirty (30) days of invoice date. CDC accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. All checks must be in U.S. funds drawn on a U.S. bank.
Discount Codes: Trade: T. Short: S. For discount schedule or other sales information, contact the University of Michigan Press at UMPGreatLakes@umich.edu.
Address for returns:
University of Michigan Press c/o Chicago Distribution Center
11030 South Langley Ave.
Chicago, IL 60628
Claims for Damaged or Short Shipments: Claims must be made within 30 days of invoice date. Credit Allowed: 100% with invoice information. Returns without invoice information will be checked against most recent purchases and credited at those discounts. Books must be in saleable condition. Shelf-worn and stickered books will be returned to customer, along with a charge for return postage. Titles that are out of print may be returned for six months after the OP date.
All prices and dates are subject to change without notice. Orders will be invoiced at prices prevailing when received.